Monday, September 22, 2008

Autumn is here

So today is officially the first day of Autumn. It feels like it too; it is quite chilly here. It is starting to get chilly in my room and that is with the windows shut. Soon I'll have to start wearing a jacket when I walk.

I got my car inspected today and had them look it over for anything it might need. It got a clean bill of health. My parents even ended up offering to pay for it since I'll be baby-sitting the cats at their house next week. Works out great because I am pretty broke, so now I have some food and gas money to last me until next month. I've got to give my parents credit for helping me out nowadays. They made my life a living hell back in the day; but these days that I am not living with them, they are more considerate.

My boyfriend got a letter back from the housing committee. They said that housing is in high demand. That isn't much of a surprise to me. I myself am on the Section 8 waiting list (government subsidized housing). Anyone applying for Section 8 around here can expect to wait several years before their number is called. I am number 10,000 or something around that. Mental health housing is quicker than Section 8, thankfully. It will probably take several months for the couples' housing, considering what they said.

My case manager is driving me to my therapist (Jeanne) on the 29th. She had me sign a second bus pass application- I am guessing the first one got lost. For this week, I will speak with Jeanne on the phone. I will have a regular office visit with Dr. K tomorrow. I've been in therapy for about ten years. I had brief therapy in high school which I am not counting in that figure. I was so suicidal and depressed in high school that my therapist had her hands full. Amazingly, she did not refer me to a psychiatrist. Could it be that she thought my depression was environmentally influenced? If only I could get my hands on the notes from those sessions. The counseling agency I was using closed down, so who knows where on earth the notes are, if anywhere. Perhaps that is a good thing.

No comments: