Monday, October 27, 2008

Job forum

So I took this bread baking class at my library tonight. It ended up being that the dough was already made for us, and all we had to do was knead it. We got an instruction sheet on how to make it ourselves. So all I have to do now is throw it in the oven and say a prayer that it cooks right.

Tomorrow morning I am going to a job forum for people with psychiatric disabilities. There is going to be a panel of people with psychiatric diagnoses that are currently in the workforce. They will share their success stories and answer any questions. I figure I am going to ask them if they have any advice on what to say during an interview in regards to the big gap on my resume. I have an 8 year one. I have asked job coaches in the past and they never really answered my question. I am taking a test next month in which you need no experience, so I am hoping they don't rely too much on a resume and more on the test score you get when they consider hiring.

My sister is home sick with vertigo. I had that last year- it sucks. She is very eager to try the bread that I am going to bake. I didn't bake it tonight, because I had some phone calls and there is a possibility that I still might go out later. I have to get up early tomorrow so I can get to the job forum, so if I don't end up going out I will get to sleep earlier.

We got a new cesspool here and they tore up our lawn and knocked down a few of our small trees. The yard looks horrible now. There are still a few trees, they were lined up and now there is a big gap amongst them. I am wondering if my housing agency is going to do anything about it. They would definitely do something if the neighbors complained. Recently the neighbor complained about our fence and we got a new one. It figures that the neighbors complaints are more important than the people that have to live in this house.

No comments: