Sunday, March 22, 2009

Home alone but not for long...

It's the end of the weekend, and to my surprise, I came home to an empty house. This never has happened before. My one housemate is home and only goes away like two or three days of the year and usually the other one is home then. The other one is home like 4 days of the month come summertime. She goes fishing with her father and stays there. Just 5 minutes ago I think I heard someone come home; it figures, I never get the house to myself for very long.

I had a great weekend with my boyfriend. We went to Dunkin Donuts for coffee/hot chocolate and we went for a couple of walks. Today we walked to the baseball game on campus. We watched it for a little while, it is still kinda chilly outside. We also went to the library and played Scrabble. It is fun playing it at the library and we can use the Scrabble dictionary while we are there. I have Scrabble on my computer at home, which gives me an unfair advantage. I am up to the level of playing against the veteran, but I have more losses than wins against the vet. Scrabble has to be my favorite game. Though I'd like to get the electronic version of Battleship someday. I think that would be kinda cool.

I found out that if my boyfriend and I were to get our own place now, we'd be taken off of the couples housing list. We are going to wait, as couples housing is much more affordable and we'd probably have a washer and dryer if they gave us a house. We can get either an apartment or a house depending on what's available. I am really looking forward to that phone call from the housing agency.

Last but not least, my boyfriend and I are going to see Coldplay!!! I am very psyched, they are one of my favorite bands. I have all of their albums and I have a DVD of a concert of theirs which I have watched and they are great in concert. That is something else to look forward to, though it will probably come up before the housing does. We saw Dave Matthews Band last summer but we had field tickets and got completely drenched from the excessive amount of rain that night. This time we have actual seats, so if it rains, we will be ok.

No comments: