Saturday, January 10, 2009

Something

One of the most noticeable side effects of my medicine is it's flattening effect. Often it takes a lot of caffeine for me to be lively and talkative. Then I go to sleep (sometimes a bit late from being wired) and wake up back to flatness. A lot of the time I am 'stuck for words.' I have always been somewhat of a quiet person, but usually when I was around someone I felt comfortable with, I opened up. It is an unfortunate side effect, but the medicine works very well otherwise and there are not too many other medication options. So I shall drink my tea, and if I feel my stomach can handle it, I will have an occasional cup of coffee.

I am going into NYC on Monday. My boyfriend and I are going to see the butterfly exhibit at the Museum of Natural History. Dr. K says he saw it and thought it was remarkable.

Upon coming back from NYC, I should look into that volunteer office I was interested in. They said they'd call me after the new year; I figured that they would have called by now. My real wish is to start the internship program that I heard about several months ago. I need to get the handicap bus pass, and either in March of May if I haven't gotten a job, I will try it out. I really need to get involved in something, as I have way too much time on my hands. It is too easy to get depressed and sleep all day. I slept several hours this afternoon and felt horrible upon waking up. I feel like I need to accomplish something- it doesn't have to be anything spectacular, just something.

No comments: