Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"Where am I?"

Yesterday I got what seemed to be a mass mailing from someone involved in the volunteer program I was trying to get involved in. It had something to do with some party they are going to have. I was wondering why I got this email, because after I filed my volunteer application, no one ever got back to me. So, why would I be getting an email about a party?

Then late last night another email from the same person appeared in my inbox. It was a much shorter email and it was stating that they need help Thursday and Monday and asked if I had the time to help clean and feed the cats. My name wasn't in the email at all, so it could have been another mass mailing. I don't know what the deal is, why no one ever got back to me and now all of a sudden I am hearing from someone that I don't even know and has never introduced himself. I guess somehow I got on their mailing list.

I have this recurring dream in which I am at the train station but I am at the wrong one. It's always an issue how I am going to get home. Last night I had this dream, and it lasted for what seemed to be a long time while ending at the part where I am at the train station. I was a psychology major, but I am not sure what to make of this dream. Perhaps it is as simple as the concept that I feel lost. The other day I started to write a poem about how I feel lost. It goes as follows:

something is dying
inside.

how can I be myself
when I don’t know who that person is?
somewhere along the way
over the years
I got lost.

No comments: