Monday, August 25, 2008

"You know you're not the only one"

It's pretty muggy here. My housemate decided to make an appearance today. She lives here like four days a year. It is a waste of money for her to pay rent to a place where she doesn't live. Why should I care? Well, she has the nicest room in this house, it has a private bathroom and two closets.

My therapist Jeanne is going on vacation starting next week. She has not yet broke the news of how long she will be gone. She asked me if I wanted someone to talk to while she was gone, if my other therapist would suffice for that period of time. I told her I guess that I will be ok with just him for a while. It is scary how dependent I am on Jeanne to be there to listen to my weekly stockpile of grievance. Dr. K just keeps a low profile and doesn't say much other than uh-huh, or yeah. Jeanne actually gets involved and pays very close attention (in fact sometimes too close attention) to my emotions. And, as of late, there is quite a range of emotion flowing through me. To quote one of my favorite bands, Evanescence:

"So afraid to open your eyes- hypnotized
you know you're not the only one
never understood this life
and you're right I don't deserve but you know I'm not the only one"

That was from their song, 'The Only One' off of their 'The Open Door' album. I have never understood this life and probably never will.

No comments: