Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It went well...

I had my job interview today. There is tight security at the NYS Office Building. I had to put my cell phone and keys in a bucket and then go through the metal detector. After that, the woman guard asked me to lift up the bottom of my pants so she could check my socks. But I made it through security. I was an hour and a half early. I waited in the hallway and then at a half hour to the interview time, I went in.

The first thing they had me do was fill out some sort of tax form, I guess to make sure I don't owe any taxes to the State. Then I took the typing test. It was pretty long. There was a practice and then the actual thing. I typed 56 wpm with 3 errors. On the practice test, I typed 55 wpm with 1 error and it said that I was allowed 12 errors with typing at the speed of 55 wpm. So I did very well.

Finally they called me in for the interview. There were three women in the room. One was the manager and the other two were employees. They asked about strengths and weaknesses. They asked about my college degree, whether I wanted to continue my education or not. I think it went very well. They are looking to hire two people to start the job in three weeks from now. On my way out, the one woman asked me if I'd prefer to work in the front part of the office or the back. I noticed that she did not ask the interviewee before me that question. So maybe it's a sign I did well. Cross fingers.

So many people will be shocked if I get this job. My aunt will be the most shocked probably, as she has been saying how I was lucky to even get the interview and that I shouldn't give it much thought because there are probably a lot of people going for the job. Although I think I did well on the interview, I will still probably be shocked if I get this job.

Tonight is Taco Bell night at my parents' house. My mom is on vacation and my dad is home because of his recent hip surgery. He doesn't really cook, so he asked me to pick up some Taco Bell on the way over. Tomorrow night he is planning on making some of the frozen fish sticks and french fries, so he said I could stay for that too.

No comments: