Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Standstill

I haven't posted in a while because not much has really happened in my life the past week. I have not heard about any more employment opportunities. The internship people have yet to contact me, though I might contact them soon to see when they are going to make their decision. Basically, I have very little to do and the constant rain has not been too inspiring.

On a positive note, I found an all-cat animal shelter that is not too far from home. I love cats and have wanted to volunteer at an animal shelter for quite some time but haven't been able to because of my dog allergy. I am allergic to their saliva and their dander. Sometimes I have trouble breathing in a house with a dog that triggers me. I like dogs, and I wish I wasn't allergic. I am going to stop by the cat shelter on Thursday, because I'll be in the neighboring town for therapy that day. I want to fill out an application and start that as soon as possible.

I saw the movie The Soloist on Friday night. It is about a homeless schizophrenic man that plays the cello and is discovered by a newspaper reporter. I thought it was a pretty good movie but I could not relate to his hearing voices. I've read about a study of schizophrenia patients that found that 70% hear voices. Seeing this movie made me realize how terrifying they can be. I am terrified by my paranoia and delusions. Haven't had that in about four years, knock on wood.

Hopefully, one of these days I'll have a set weekly schedule besides therapy and case managers. It is too tempting to sleep when I don't have something that I have to do.

No comments: