Monday, September 29, 2008

"Cat-sitting"

So I am "cat-sitting" (baby-sitting) the cats at my parents' house for the next few days. Katrina, the younger one, already threw up on my mother's jewelry box. Luckily there was a cloth on top of the box that caught most of it.

We tried out brainspotting in therapy today. I had to follow what looked like a radio antenna while it went from left to right with my eyes. Nothing happened for me, so we stopped and she said we'd try it again some other time. Talk therapy with her always seems to work out pretty well, so I am not concerned.

My boyfriend and I have planned a trip to Central Park for Friday. I just checked the weather for NYC and it says partly cloudy for Friday. Hopefully it will stay that way, or change to sunny. I am really looking forward to this trip with him. Our last trip was back in June to see Dave Matthews Band in Connecticut. That was a lot of fun, even though we got completely drenched. I always enjoy my time with him. I love him with all of my heart.

Last Friday, my boyfriend and I went to Petco and looked at the animals there. There were two mice in this one running wheel, one of them was just clinging on to it; the other was running. So the clinging one kept going upside down, it was pretty funny. On our way out we looked at the kittens, and of course, I wanted to take one home. One of my housemates says she hates cats, so that is out of the question.

I was just interrupted by Katrina- she wanted to play. So I tossed the tiger head stuffy through the hallway a couple of times. She loves to chase after things, especially toy mice! Our other cat, Spooky, likes to chase after light on the ground or walls. Reflecting sunlight from watches, or the laser light pen always seems to do the trick. I think I am going to go back now and play with Spooky.

No comments: