Friday, September 5, 2008

Tropical storm on the way...

Well, tropical storm Hanna is on it's way. I went to the grocery store tonight, like many, and picked up some basic food items so I don't have to go anywhere this weekend. There were no 'hand baskets' left by the entrance as the store was very busy. I took a different way home to bypass all the traffic and I ended up getting slightly lost because one of the roads was totally blocked. It probably would have taken the same amount of time to get home had I sat in the traffic.

I had a really good visit with my boyfriend. He's been working the night shift, so I've been staying up late to be able to talk to him when he gets home. Today I've been really tired, I took a nap in the middle of the afternoon and I might take another one before he calls. I look forward to his call and tonight I will find out when he's going to visit me next.

It's funny that I wrote about cognitive therapy in my last entry, because this past Tuesday my therapist suggested it. He recommended that I purchase a book called The Feeling Good Handbook by David Burns, MD. If I were to follow through with this therapy, I would have 'homework' to do. I've done this therapy once before in 2005. It involves writing down troubling thoughts and then analyzing them to learn why they are irrational. This process is supposed to train me enough so that my troubling thoughts don't recur or occur as often. That is what I remember from it.

I think I am going to take my nap now.

No comments: