Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Signed, sealed, almost delivered...

Yay! The housing applications have been priority mailed with signature confirmation. (I couldn't hand them in myself, as the building of the housing office is in lockdown) I believe they are still in transit, as there has not been a sig confirmation according to the US postal service website just yet. What a relief it was to finally mail them. We had been working on our applications for a couple of months. It took so long because they wanted psych reports and a physical exam with PPD. We photocopied everything in case for some god forsaken reason the apps get lost, we can get them right back out again.

Another yay! is that Jeanne is back from her vacation and I will be chatting with her via phone on Friday. Her office is kinda far away- transportation to her is an issue. I applied for a bus pass for the disabled, but it has not shown up in my mailbox and it has been quite a few weeks. For the past two months, I had my case manager drive me to my therapy appointments every other week or so and I had phone sessions during the other weeks. Phone sessions aren't always the most effective for me, but sometimes they can be just as helpful as an in-person appointment.

I was kinda in 'the doghouse' today. I admit that I deserved it- I had said things that I did not mean, mostly driven by irrational fear. I should not let fear speak through me as it did. I am definitely going to mention it during my phone session on Friday. The last thing I want is to start behaving like my mother. Yikes.

My boyfriend and I did make a pretty good pasta sauce tonight. It was our first attempt at homemade sauce, and it was successful. There are many more things we are going to try with it; it's like a science experiment. Hopefully we won't blow up the kitchen, lol.


No comments: