Monday, November 17, 2008

Psyched for Christmas

Today I totally wiped out my bank account in exchanging a digital photo frame I had bought for my parents for a better quality one. My sister is gong to give me money toward it when she can. In the meantime, the only thing I'll be spending money on is gas. I am very content with what I did, because I beat the Christmas rush and got a really nice present for my parents.

I found out my Christmas present that I am going to get from my sister this year. It's a Virgin Mobile prepaid cell phone called the Wild Card. It's worth about $80. My sister had bought it for herself when her regular cell phone stopped working, then she ended up getting a replacement for the one that broke. So she has no need for it now, and I could use a new prepaid cell phone. I have a model from 2004 that they don't even sell anymore. Sometimes it shuts off by itself (I think it's due to it's age). It will be nice to have a new prepaid cell phone.

I can't wait for Christmas. It is my favorite time of the year. It was always a 'happy day' for me growing up. My mom would be extra nice on Christmas and there would be a lot of food. My mom is going to put up her tree this year on the day after Thanksgiving. I don't think I'll be setting up my fiber optic tree though. My housemate has a son that comes over and manages to break a lot of things and I don't want to have to worry about my tree being messed with. My sister and I are going to try and convince my dad to let us open our presents on Christmas Eve because on Christmas day, my dad has to work in the morning and by the time he gets home, my aunt will be at the house. My aunt hates Christmas. Last year was the first year we opened our presents in front of my aunt. I'd like to avoid that scenario this year if possible.

I spoke with Jeanne on the phone today and I told her about how I might try and get the civil service keyboarding job in the future. I would go for full-time. So she said when the time comes, we'd have to work something out in terms of scheduling our appointments. I don't know, if I can do phone sessions then that is likely, but I don't think it will be too feasible to visit her in her office when that time comes. I obviously don't have the job yet, I don't even have my grade so it is way too early to be thinking about that. Dr. K is practically around the corner from me, so I think it would be easier to have visits with him. Working full-time is probably going to be overwhelming for me, especially at first. I haven't worked full-time in about 8 years.

No comments: