Saturday, November 8, 2008

Open up your eyes

So I re-read my last blog entry and I have realized that I was sort of blind. My father didn't turn out to be as supportive as I thought he would, unfortunately. He was really mean and cold to me the other day when I brought my car over to be checked out by his mechanic friend. I was told I needed a new car battery, so when my dad came home and found out, he asked me if I had the money to lay out for it. I honestly said yes, but I said it would leave me with like five dollars left for the month. He said I should call up and find out the exact price before I go get it to make sure my rent will still be able to come out of my account. His previous indications of helping me pay for my car went out the window. My boyfriend was with me when all of this happened, and he even said it seemed like my dad was being a jerk. I was greatly upset from my dad's change in level of support, so much so that I started crying in the car on the way home. I was really hurt and in pain. I felt like my dad turned on me and didn't really give a damn if I had enough money to get through the month. I have come to the conclusion that whenever I start to feel positively toward him, he disappoints me. This has happened not only with him, but also with my mother. I really can't count on either one of them, which makes me all the more determined to become financially secure.

I found out that if I am not doing anything job-wise by the spring, and if I ever get the handicapped bus pass, I will be able to do the internship for people with psychiatric disabilities. This would probably be a great opportunity for me. I am waiting to hear back from an old housemate of mine. She went through the internship and is working now.

No comments: