Sunday, November 30, 2008

City trip and falling ill

Last Wednesday evening, my mom, sister and I fought the crowds and took a train to Manhattan. We had luggage, as we were going to spend the night at my aunt's apartment. My sister's bag was really heavy and as we walked to my aunt's apt, she was struggling. So I offered to take her bag and let her carry my lighter one. Her bag was definitely not easy on the shoulder. And my mom had complained that I packed too much. It took about 50 minutes to walk to my aunt's apartment. By the time we got there, it was 9:30 at night. Then we walked just a few blocks to get some Mexican food for a late dinner.

When it was time to sleep, I had to sleep on my aunt's sofa chair which does not recline. She had a matching foot rest so I was able to stretch my legs a little bit. It was uncomfortable; I kept waking up and I had bad dreams. My sister had to sleep on the couch cushions and had a towel wrapped in a pillowcase as a pillow. She also said that she didn't sleep well.

On Thanksgiving morning, my mom, aunt and I walked to Grand Central station to get dessert and bread for the Thanksgiving dinner we were going to. Later, my mom, sister, and I walked to the parade after it had started. It was a pretty long uphill walk. We could not get close enough to see it so we walked back and watched the remainder on TV. Thankfully we took a taxi to get to Penn Station when it was time to go to my relatives' house. I was pretty wiped out after we walked from the train station to my mom's cousins' house. She lived very close to the train station, but after not getting much sleep and having walked a lot during the morning, I had had enough.

Thanksgiving was a long day, and I got a headache. The food was good, but I would have rather been at home sleeping. On Friday I fell ill with what I think is some sort of virus. I don't know if it's the flu. I did get the flu shot a week before this past one. I just felt really wiped out and tired. I felt like I had a fever, and even got the chills, but my temp was normal. I didn't throw up until last night at midnight. Today I think I am feeling better. I am going to try and go about my normal plans tomorrow which include my case manager driving me to my therapist. I am also supposed to go to my boyfriend's parents' house. I guess it all depends on how I feel when I wake up. I mean- I feel better now, but definitely not 100%. My throat is scratchy and it is getting annoying.

No comments: